Monday, January 18, 2010

A Cat's Prayer



Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human can hardly move!
I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"
I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly, I have sharp teeth
-And my claws I will unsheath
For the morning's here and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.
The one who hugs me and holds me tight
And sacrifices her bed at night.


~ Author Unknown ~

2 comments:

  1. Very cute prayer! And the little kitten photo is so precious. I'm just reading through the blog and the wonderful stories. So happy that we have such a wonderful home for felines right in our back yard!

    Belinda, Kyle and Twig
    Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice kitty prayer! Our human parents say we hog the bed all the time so they can relate.

    Our prayer around here is: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord a mouse to keep!

    Sam & Sadie

    ReplyDelete